Patriots Nation : This is the Worst, and yet... We're Okay

Holy ca-mol-ey!  The Patriots have now lost 2 consecutive 1 point games!!! This is the absolute worst! And yet, there seems to be a silver lining.  I don't know if it stems from losing not one, but two Superbowls to the New York Football Giants, or what!?  The Giants have a great defence and a mediocre quarterback at best.  They now have some really good receivers surrounding Eli, but honestly, he is not that good of a player.  You may think that this is just a Pats fan who is venting because of past failures, but I assure you, I will give a player his due when he deserves it.  Manning and Co. have won 2 Superbowls and that is excellent!  Yet I feel that the best team did not win either of those games.


Back to the game at hand.  New England were the bearers of a bad pass interference call in the closing two minutes of the game, and also some poor decision making on 3rd downs.  I am not one to (even for a second) point an accusatory finger at Bill Belichick, but there were a couple 3rd down draw plays that should have been started from "the gun."  I am all about playing the percentages and buying into a system that has stood the test of time, but there were a couple moments tonight when the Pats should have tried their luck at a Welker 8 yard pass over the middle or a Gronk slant for 6 or 7 yards.  Of course, this is always so easy to elaborate on when I sit (not even stand) on the sidelines.  

The Ravens are tough; enough said.  I respect Harbough, Lewis and Co. very much.  Yet, I believe that New England has enough firepower to play with anyone this season.  I also know enough about sports to boldly state, "it is so much better to get these heartbreaking losses out of the way early on, than to encounter them later in the season."  However, I do know that it will be an uphill climb at 1-2 from here on out.  If anyone can accept that challenge it is Belichick, Brady, Welker, Gronk, etc.  I am super stoked about Stephen Ridley, although it is still too early to make any rash assertions.


So, let's take a deep breath and face the Monday blues with a little bit of dignity and class.  The Pats have started with a couple hiccups to say the least, and yet I am still supremely confident in what they can accomplish this season.

Controversial Moments:
-Was that kick through the uprights?
-Will Belichick be fined for grabbing the ref?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arozarena And His Rays

The Molina Brothers