Initial Thoughts on Week 1 (NFL)

Well football is alive and well again.  It has been a very very long since my last post.  I am so excited to write again about meaningless material, and yet something that I get a lot of enjoyment out of.  Here goes my early thoughts on how this season is shaping up, and I will finish with my Superbowl predictions.

The San Francisco 49ers as a team and Robert Griffin III as an individual were the two major standouts for me in week 1.  I thought that the 49ers showed it all - depth, skill, speed, solid defence, clutch special team play.  They look to be the frontrunners (at least initially) in the NFC.  RGIII looked to be the real deal, but we will see if he has the horses to go with him going forward.


The third standout for me was the play of Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos.  This is only week 1, and I cannot stress that enough, but man did he come to play!  He looked like the Peyton that we are all used to, with his arsenal of quick outs, 15 yard perfectly placed balls, and deep threats.  It also helped that Willis McGahee really came to play and was rewarded with solid blocking up front.

And alas, I come to my Patriots.  They looked balanced and ready.  That is all I have to say so far on Mr. Belichick, Mr. Brady and Co.


This season has a lot of questions and is full of some real excitement!  Can't wait for week 2!

Superbowl prediction - Patriots vs. 49ers

Games to watch this week:
Ravens @ Eagles
Cardinals @ Patriots
Jets @ Steelers
Lions @ 49ers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arozarena And His Rays

The Molina Brothers